1. Black Friday Madness. I much prefer Cyber Monday in my pj's, thank you very much.
2. The Airport. Usually this place is sticky and crowded, but multiply more people all pushing to get the same place and you have hell on earth. Claustrophobic? Go away, far far away!
3. Those People. The people who feel the need to push ahead in security, or babble on their phone on a red-eye flight. We all have a special hate reserved for them in our hearts.
4. Low-Water Pressure. After I come from the airport, all I want is a heavenly shower, but nooo! Once, I was staying at this hotel and the shower head pelted water like bullets, but the hand shower gave out a drizzle. Worst. Thing. Ever.
5. Low Battery. You're happily playing on your iPad/iPhone/device, when suddenly, BOOM! Speaking of electronics...
7. Running Out of Stuff To Do. Who reads the in-flight magazine, anyway? I always make sure to bring a couple of issues of People and Nat Geo to consume some time without wading through a heavy book.
8. Prep. The prep, I feel, for Thanksgiving, is long and so boring. Who knew the turkey needed that much help anyway?! But, I guess the Julia-Child-In-Training for your family loves this day. Someone who exploded a pop-tart in the microwave like me? DO NOT COME NEAR ME ASKING FOR HELP. I REPEAT: DO NOT COME NEAR ME.
9. Forced To Eat. No matter how disgusting and dry the turkey may be, for the sake of humoring the cook, I have to shove it down my esophagus. Yuck.
10. Social Media. Some people just feel the need to post over and over again about how they are, sooo full, and Oh my God, don't we feel sooo bad for them? Well, we don't. Shut up and eat more. It's Thanksgiving for God's sake.
11. Macy's Day Parade. Yay. Balloons. So what? It's just bigger than usual.
12. Turkey Day. I absolutely detest the people who call it "Turkey Day". It's not! it's Thanksgiving, and has been it that way for centuries.
But when it all comes down to it, when the table is set and the candles glisten (or whatever you do for this holiday) we all love it. Family, mediocre to fantastic food, and endless banter, we all love this day, despite it's many hassles.
And remember to eat a lot, nap, be thankful you're not the turkey, and have a lovely day!