The Oxford Comma- why is it such a big deal anyway? Comma's are just weird things those grammar obsessed people use, and nothing more. WRONG. They are very,very important! See? I just used one! I have a small comma addiction you could say. ;)
So what's the difference between the Oxford comma and what most citizens of the U.S. use? I'll refer you to this article by Grammarly. There's also a hilarious book called Eats, Shoots & Leaves which is about a panda bear who doesn't appreciate grammar and instead uses violence. The picture from Tumblr to the side is pretty much what happens if you don't use the Oxford comma.
One of the common arguements against the Oxford comma is that it's outdated and you could just re-arrange a sentence. I declare that rubbish! Why re-arrange a sentence when you can add in a comma? And how on earth would it be outdated? Is a question mark outdated? No! So why call the proper method using a comma outdated?\
And with that, dear reader, is what I leave you to ponder with. Have a lovely day! xoxo
As most of us know, nerd chic is a style, that can be both fashionable and comfortable. I'll give you my how-to set here!
1) Patterns. This may be more of a dork thing, but argyle vests and socks are your go-to patterns.
2) Sleeves & Collars~ Have them show. This is very essential!
3) Oxfords. Fashionable and nerdy- equilibrium is here!
4) Tees with nerdy slogans, like: "Never trust an atom, they make everything" etc. etc.
5) Big framed glasses- the epitome of nerd chic.
Follow these tips and you'll be nerdy chic in no time! Have a lovely day!
This is the first installation of "Nerd 101", and for *drum roll please* STUDYING! Studying is a long and tedious process, so here are some tips.
1) Fuel your body correctly. As much as I love chips and dip, carrots and hummus is a healthier alternative.
2) Write in blue ink, or type text in a crazy font! Studies have shown that you are more likely to remember information this way. Even better is reading it out loud.
3) Change up your study spot! This way, you don't always associate your desk with studying and sink into a mini depression every time you see it.
4) Clean up your area. This way, you'll waste less time searching for stuff when you could have been studying!
5) Study in groups or with a partner if you can. They'll supplement your knowledge!
8) Bye-bye iPhone! And Instagram. And Facebook. If you can't go on your device, youll not only save time but your train of thought as well.
I hope these tips were helpful! Have a lovely day!
A nerdy girl who loves fashion and food! I will mainly blog about fashion and nerdy stuff, but I do tons of lifestyle posts.