Not-So-Fun-Fact: 470 million microbeads pollute the San Franciso bay per day.
^^^ That's not cool everybody. Now imagine all our waterways x 470 million. That's a lot. But what can we do prevent contamination of our earth?
1. Download the Plastics! app, which is free. Before using or buying a product, scan the bar-code to see if it contains micro-beads. If it's not in the database, you can add it in.
2. Support companies that have pledged to take microbeads out of their products or don't use them already!
3. Use natural alternatives to microbeads such as ground almond shells or charoal.
4. See the website Beat The Mircobead for more information.
5. Read the eye-opening infographic below.
Have a lovely day and stop using products with microbeads! xoxo